Sales have plateaued. You’re getting leads from PPC, but you aren’t seeing a conversion increase. How do you increase traffic and capitalize on it without sinking a bunch more money into the PPC?
Don’t panic. Here are a few ways you can do just that.
Do you have a content strategy?
If you don’t already you should know that converting traffic lives and dies on the quality of your content. How do you know what content is working and what’s not? Here’s a place to start:
Look at your existing content:
- What pages are have the most hits i.e. the most traffic?
- What pages sell the best?
- What pages sell the worst?
- What pages make your visitors leave?
- Ask yourself why are some pages getting conversions and others getting nothing?
- What can you infer from the topic of the high performing pages?
- Is it a new trend or fad? Or is it a hot button issue in your industry?
- Are you giving more valuable information?
- Is your audience more engaged on these pages (commenting, social sharing etc…)?
- Are you capitalizing on this topic enough? Are you providing links to similar articles on the site and/or offering upsells and cross sells where appropriate?
How will I know?
You might get to this point and ask well how do I know which pages are performing better than others? And how can I figure out what about those pages is working?
Using an analytics program you can see the traffic and conversions for each page, and with A/B testing you can break down the parts of the pages and test them one by one to figure out what’s working and what isn’t. Once you have the information you can replicate what is working best and create a bunch of higher converting pages for your site. Higher conversions = more money and don’t we all want that?